Friday, March 20, 2015

Real



The challenge from Kate's blog is to write for 5 minutes flat with no editing. The word today is REAL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. (Romans 12:9-13) MSG


Oh how I wasted years living like artificial flowers in graveyard urns. Fake.

But, really, was it wasted?

He uses everything for good.

To spin round and gaze over the shoulder of time to the little girl lost and floundering--she did not know.

Now I know love. For He first loved me.

Real love. The turning round and remembering the barrenness of that girl's heart is the lighting of the flame of gratitude.

For real love. Real salvation. Real sacrifice. Real rescue.

Once was lost but now am found

This girl can open arms and give thanks for years without. Because my heart is new, my arms full of a love that is eternally real.

There is freedom to be real about who I am and who I was.

A new creature immersed in real grace.






 
 

No comments: