Monday, January 5, 2015

Stretching into a New Year


For your steadfast love is great above the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.  Psalm 108:4


When my mind is still, the children in bed, the house quiet, dishes done and I fall onto the couch into His embrace.
When I’m driving alone, no voices interrupting, sunbeams gleaming warm on my face.
Those times I’m not moving and thinking at a frantic, hurried pace like a wind-up tin trinket toy.
Moments sitting by the seashore, salty wind grasping and spiraling strands of my hair, seagulls soaring, white foam kissing my toes.
Times silently observing mountains drizzled in orange sunrise, evergreens dipped in ribbons of white.
When I’m not looking for oversimplified answers, a quick Sunday School verse.
For all those times and a million more, I weep read more here



No comments: