Friday, September 12, 2014

Ready



The challenge from Kate's blog is to write for 5 minutes flat with no editing.  The word today is READY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven (Ecc 3:1)


I am not always ready to follow His call.

His word.

I read Psalm 62 this morning.

I think of a fortress surrounding my mind.  To keep the evil out.  The lies.

I am ready for a new path to be forged through my mind.  For Him to protect my thinking.  Renew my mind.

Isaiah speaks of Him doing a new thing.  It springs up.  I am ready.  For change.  An unfurling.  Even though it is often so slow.

Change is scary to me.  I'm ready to let barriers fall.  Wrong thinking corrected.  A new life begun.  New mercies each day.

I am ready for a whole-hearted living.  Mind and spirit connected to Him.  His word.

Ready for transformation.  Ready for trust...ready for him to sweep the cobwebs of my mind and insert His truth.

Ready to take the next step of faith.  

Little steps of courage.  I'm ready.








2 comments:

Karen Brown said...

Melanie- This is beautiful. To be ready for Him is the only ready we need to be. These lines are my favorite: "I am ready for a whole-hearted living. Mind and spirit connected to Him. His word." Thanks for sharing your gift here.

Melanie Singleton said...

Thank you sweet Karen. :)