Friday, August 29, 2014

The Run



I saunter a steady flow of lazy.

Or is it weariness that's led me here?

Sea foam licks my toes.

I wander along hard-packed sand.

Apricot glow shimmers upon the ripples.

Gulls and crashing sea-- a comfort to my soul.

Orange orb submerges below curve of globe.

Magenta brush strokes stretch across pale blue.

Splintered white crescent emerges, a sideways smile.

Canvas transforms to overhead carpet of gray.

I'm engulfed by dark surround.

I pick up speed, legs extending long.

Surf splashes as I sprint, wild.

Taste of salty drips down.

My sweat.  The sea.  Tears.

An intermingling of labor, creation, and heartache.

Isn't that the stream where grace flows?

A trickle of grief and gratefulness upon my cheeks.

An overflow of my heart out on the shore.

My heart meeting His.

Shallow breath draws me to my knees.

Water lapping warm 'round my waist.

Ebb and flow.

I sink low into salty tide.

Tears flow.

Arms raise.

I long for my home.








{photo credit:  fineartamerica.com}

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So, so beautiful. You truly have a gift with words.

Melanie Singleton said...

you have a gift of encouragement Shannon. Thank you.