Thursday, July 3, 2014

Waste




I am a champion belly-flopper.

Into a pile of waste.

Wasted time.

Wasted thought life.

I get stuck there.

I forget who I am.

Sink into well-worn currents of wrong beliefs.

Back flip and swan dive into the refuse.

Backstroke into depths--further away from truth.

Wallow in the mess.

Until a flicker catches my eye.

My focus shifts.

A silhouette; there all along.

He wades deep into the muck.

Draws me out again with solid arms.

I hear Him say,

Nothing, oh nothing, ever goes to waste.













{photo credit: nanobitwallpaper.com}

{photo credit:  www.rpcboatpeople.blogspot.com}


1 comment:

Meredith Bernard said...

These are good thoughts…I am a fellow “waste pile belly flopper”! Ha. It’s so easy to do, isn’t it? Get stuck in the yuck and not find a way out. Until…He comes. And thank God He always comes to our rescue. Happy 4th of July…celebrating our own Independence in Christ today! xoxo, Meredith