Friday, July 18, 2014

Bloom

A challenge from Lisa-Jo Baker's blogThis is the place where once a week we take the chance to just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not. 

For five minutes flat. 

Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect. 

Today's word BLOOM.

~~~~~~

Tonight I sat among blooms of tiger lilies and purple flowers with their stems bending.

Girls giggling as they slid down a gigantic slide.  Drizzling cool rain dancing on the water.

Mamas talking.  Cake and candles.

And I think about growth.  The seeds that have bloomed within my heart.

For a ministry I didn't want to embrace.  For a Savior I rejected most of my life.

I am growing.  As the laughter swells and the rain pelts harder, I realize I am different than I ever imagined I would be.

Thankfulness blooms, as I'm encircled by happy children and life as a mama.  

In a backyard birthday party.  Pizza and cake.

Gratefulness grows for who He has made me.  Where He has placed me.

Fireflies prick through the dark trees on the drive home.

Light in the darkness.

Always thankful for that truth.





Five Minute Friday










{photo credit:  rezinate.wordpress.com} (wording added)

{photo credit:  apuregeneration.com}

1 comment:

Richelle Wright said...

that first picture is amazing! all of your word-images of blooming are beautiful.