Friday, June 6, 2014

Hands




A challenge from Lisa-Jo Baker's blog: This is the place where once a week we take the chance to just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not. 

For five minutes flat. 

Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect. 

Today's word HANDS.  


Oh Father, when I think about your hands that shaped the universe.  Separating where water meets shore.  Storehouses for snow.  Hands that shaped and placed the planets.  

Hands that placed a babe in a virgin's womb.  A carpenter's hands that bore the scars for me.

Those hands are the same that reached down and saved this wretch.  Hold me now.  Tend me, woo me.  

My stumbling, slipping, sliding, falling, angry, ruthless, lustful, unkind, dismissive heart.  That's the heart you tend with your hands.

You are a tender gardener.  Shaping, molding, refining this wayward girl.  

Forgive me for running and hiding and all the ways I live apart from you.  Give me open hands.  Receiving, surrendering.  Open to your ways not mine. 



Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

Meredith Bernard said...

So glad to find you from FMF, Melanie. I’m right there with you. Needing the Father’s hands to catch and hold and grace my hiding, running self. And isn’t is just awesome that He always does? Bless you today and thankful for His grace right along with you. xoxo, Meredith

hannahjiejie said...

He molds so gently, and yet so precisely. What a good Father we have!

April Brooks said...

Yes, yes, yes! He is a gentle, graceful lover of our crazy souls. Beautiful post!

Stopping by from FMF!