Friday, April 18, 2014

Living Water


photo credit: www.wildindiana.comcom

...but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.  (John 4:14)




Is it any wonder that the pulse of hope
Comes through the heartbeat of Son?
He walked the path of thorns and pain.
My story seems marred with much the same.
In His life, tragedy was not spared.
I still shake my fist, it doesn't seem fair.
My finite mind can't comprehend. 
Only the Trinity can understand.
Through the grimy, messy, sooty ash,
Many of my desires seem to be dashed.
Somehow, the pathway to joy is through disruption.
The sorrow and grief forges reconstruction.
Father's hand reaches into dark cave for incision--
Heart, stony dry, replaced with fresh rhythm.
Mighty One, your ways I can not fathom.
Great Lover holds my hand in gloomy cavern.
Ribbons of living water trickle across my feet.
As I cling to Mighty Oak, water curves into a stream.
River develops into a tidal wave of abundant life,
Which often emerges through pain and strife--
Joy an outcropping of suffering and failure.
Otherwise, I would not intimately experience my Savior.
My life feels inconceivable, never how I planned.
My hope only found through His constant grip on my hand.



photo credit:  www.smartlivingnetwork.com

 
 


No comments: