Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fragile


Open your heart.  Someone will come.  Someone will come for you.  But first you must open your heart. [1]



 
Hope took flight
When I believed lies
Splintered shards
Buried deep
Paper thin heart
Withered to dust
Shattered trust
Fragile girl
Eyes frozen
Spirit starved
Soul swallowed
By bleak sky
Depth of night
Buried in rubble
Disquieted, alone
Defeat gained hold
Indifference made a home 


Then you ran
Wrapped me tight
Lifted my head
Opened my eyes
Gave me strength
Flooded with affection
I breathed deep
Head on your chest
Heartbeat of Son
Arms of Father
The mighty oak
My only hope
Refuge and peace
What my heart truly seeks
The cutting heals
The wounds reveal
Who I am in you




It was a singular sensation to be held so gently and yet so fiercely, to be stared down at with so much love. Edward felt the whole of his china body flood with warmth. [2]


 


 1. Kate DiCamillo, the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, (Candlewick Press, 2006) 192.
2. DiCamillo 128

No comments: