Monday, March 31, 2014

Forever Secure

photo credit auckland daily

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. (Psalm 23:1-3)


Fear and unbelief
Send me wandering
Across a desolate land
Scorched trees, cracked soil
Shadowy sky inked in black
I travel upon frail bones
That feel like crushed pottery
Lies echo across nothingness
As I cry out for the true voice
I wander to find still waters
And skies of azure
A voice calls from a distance
Amongst rolling hills
Soft grass bends and sways
As gentle breeze brushes my cheek
Leaves flutter on plush trees
Flowers nod, aroma sweet
Puffed sparrow sings from branch high
Ripples spread and splash
Across my weary soul
Like a pebble tossed in water
As this wanderer finds a home
Healing to brittle bones
Truth keeps my feet sure and firm
Free from fear that tries to swoop
Down with razor-sharp talons
Shepherd holds me tight, always near 
Tends my soul, forever secure 


The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; 
rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. 
And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father'.  (Romans 8:15)

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39) 
 


No comments: